To learn more or to enroll in this study, please complete the contact form. After you submit your information, our recruiter will get in touch with you to ask some simple questions to determine if your child is eligible for our study.
Dr. Kevin Black, M.D., is conducting a study with children ages 5-10 who are experiencing a recent onset of tics, and other, control children. The purpose of this research is to compare children who go on to develop Tourette Syndrome with children whose tics will resolve.
Tics are repetitive, involuntary sounds or movements like eye blinking, sniffing, abdominal tensing or making small noises.
Many children with ADHD (20-50%) also have tics, even if they haven’t noticed them.
How to enroll or Learn More
Call us at 314-273-7575
Who may qualify for this study?
- Children ages 5-10 years old with parent/guardian participation
- Children with tics that started less than 12 months ago
- Children with Tourette syndrome or chronic tics
- Children without tics who have ADHD
What does participation include?
- Up to 6 visits, including annual follow-ups
- Compensated up to $100 per visit.
- MRI scans, interviews, questionnaires & DNA sample
- Study procedures are provided at no cost to you