Dr. Deanna Greene and Dr. Kevin Black are conducting a study with children ages 10-14 who have chronic tics or Tourette syndrome. The purpose of this research is to learn about the brain in tic disorders and how it changes over time.
Tics are repetitive, involuntary sounds or movements like eye blinking, sniffing, abdominal tensing or making small noises.
Who may qualify for this study?
- Children ages 10-14 with parent/guardian participation
- Children with Tourette Syndrome OR tics for at least a one-year duration
What does participation include?
- 2 visits now
- 2 visits in 2 years
- Compensated up to $455 over the 2 years
- MRI scans, questionnaires, and interviews
- Study procedures are provided at no cost to you
How to enroll
To learn more or to enroll in this study, please complete the contact form below. After you submit your information, our recruiter will get in touch with you to ask some simple questions to determine if you’re child is eligible for our study.