For patients and clinicians
- A great source for patients: NeuroSymptoms.org
- Your tax dollars at work: NIH (NINDS)
- TAA statement about functional tics
- The TAA Center of Excellence at Wash.U.
- Stanford’s FND clinic, including a superb video with hints on how to inform patients of the diagnosis
- Letter template from SLCH psychologist to school, for a patient with a functional neurological symptom. Original source: Williams SE, Zahka NE: Treating Somatic Symptoms in Children and Adolescents. New York: Guilford, 2017. Modified by Drs. Pike, Shelton and Thompson, Psychology, SLCH.
- Movie: I Have Tourette’s but Tourette’s Doesn’t Have Me. Available from TAA (see also the link at the bottom of the page to a Teacher’s Guide).
- Espay et al, JAMA Neurol 2018, doi 10.1001/jamaneurol.2018.1264
- Aybek and Perez, BMJ 2022, doi 10.1136/bmj.o64
- Malaty et al, J Clin Med 2022, doi 10.3390/jcm11216470